Friday, July 20, 2012

A Beautiful Place

This card is on the Hero Arts Blog today and it's my last official card for my Hero Hostess term. These three months have really flown by and I am so grateful to Hero Arts for this amazing opportunity! I decided to combine the Hero Arts July Contest's Summer Adventures theme and technique challenge of Creating Paper Flowers.

I started this card by stamping the Designer Woodgrain on the card base. I used the two small flower dies from Bold Pop Designs to punch many layers of white and mauve Japanese rice paper that I had in my stash. I layered them in alternating colours, secured everything with a brad in the centre and embellished them with buttons threaded with baker's twine. Then I ruffled all the layers to give the flowers dimension. The sentiment frame is from Sending You Love and was die cut with the coordinating Small Tag Frame. The sentiment is from Wonderful World.

I'll be hosting a Hero Arts Scramble the first weekend in August so please mark your calendars! I will announce the exact date and time soon. There will be prizes!! ;)

Sources: Gina K Designs pure luxury white cardstock; Japanese white & mauve rice paper; DCWV glitter cardstock; Hero Arts Designer Woodgrain; Hero Arts+Sizzix Bold Pop Designs; Hero Arts Sending You Love; Hero Arts+Sizzix Small Tag Frame; Hero Arts+Studio Calico Wonderful World; VersaColor Sky Gray pigment ink; Hero Arts Soft Leaf shadow ink; Hero Arts Iris chalk ink; Memento Tuxedo Black ink; Basic Grey buttons; The Twinery Honeydew baker's twine; foam tape

13 comments:

Jingle said...

Beautiful card, Emily!

Miriam Prantner said...

This is so pretty! It was my favorite of all the hostesses this morning, those flowers are fantastic!

Jessi Fogan said...

Simply gorgeous, Emily! The woodgrain adds so much to the background - and I love the purple pop in the sentiment :)

G Peplow said...

Another totally gorgeous card, you make these so beautifully:0) How are you my lovely friend? it's great to 'see' you again, hugs Gay xxx

Dawnll said...

Such a wonderful design!I was so proud of you, and hope they ask you to stay on.Such a wonderful team to be on.
Thanks for sharing this beauty

Lindsey said...

Beautiful card to end your hostess run, Em! Those paper flowers look amazing.

Beebeebabs said...

Very pretty card!!!

Trinh said...

Gorgeous, Emily! I love the woodgrain and those fabulous flowers. Hope you are having a good summer!

Monika Reeck said...

Emily this card is different as your style love that wood grain too and you made it so soft for woman card...if me I will thinking wood grain is for manly card LOL :) love your flower so adorable...GREAT CARD Emily...hugs

Pryn said...

WOW!!!! This card is AMAZING!!! Those flowers are gorgeous!!!

shirley-bee said...

This is a fabulous card! I love the wood grain background, it sets the flowers off beautifully, and I'm going to have a go at those flowers.

Jocelyn Olson said...

Those flowers are so stunning...I would have never thought of making flowers out of rice papers! You are so creative. Great sentiment too. :)

Gabby said...

Love your flowers! :)