Sunday, August 29, 2010

CAS82 Guest Designer

Three months ago, I tried out for a spot on Splitcoaststampers' Summer CAS DT and I didn't make it to the finals. That was no biggie because I did win a coveted guest designer spot! I'm truly excited to be a guest designer this week (along with Melina) because it's the last week of the summer and I've had to wait all summer for my moment in the spotlight. Good things come to those who wait, see? :D Without further ado, the CAS82 Challenge for this week is to be inspired by the word DELICIOUS. Can you imagine all the possibilities? If my camera hadn't died on me (more on that later), I definitely would've made more than one card!

For this card, I decided to try out GinaK's kraft cardstock and it's quite different from SU's kraft (now known as Crumb Cake) but in a good way. GinaK's kraft is much thicker, I can use my Copics on it (though I didn't on this card) and it has more colour variation in the wood pulp fibres used to make it. You can probably see some of the lighter areas in it which give it dimension and catches the light better. I used a Pink Cat Studio digi that I hadn't played with yet and coloured her in to look just like my fur-daughter. I added a burlap background and created a punny sentiment using two PTI sets. I popped Kitty on with dimensionals and tied two citrusy colours of twine at the top to finish. I'd love for you to play along with us this week if you can!

Boy, am I ever glad I did not procrastinate as I usually do when it comes to deadlines. I made this card last night and was able to take photos this morning right before my camera conked out on me! I'm not kidding!! My camera seems to be suffering from some sort of software malfunction and I'm really bummed about it since I only bought it a little more than a year ago. I hadn't planned on spending money to fix or replace my camera but it looks as if I might have to since I can't live without it. Argh. So, unfortunately, this will be the reason you may not see cards from me for a few days. Hopefully, that won't be the case!

Sources: GinaK pure luxury Kraft cardstock; GinaK 120lb pure luxury White cardstock; Pink Cat Studio Kitty Holding Fish Bowl; Ippity A Bit of Burlap; PTI Enjoy the Ride; PTI Simple Alphabet; Memento Tuxedo Black ink; Vivid ButterScotch ink; SU Crumb Cake ink; Copics; The Twinery baker's twine in Mandarin and Lemondrop; Glue Dots pop up relief

8 comments:

Alice said...

love love love the simplicity of your design!! super cute!!

G Peplow said...

Beautiful card, love the image and your design:) Congrats on your Guest designer spot, enjoy:D xxx
p.s hope you can get the camera fixed, I need a card fix, regularly:D x

Angela said...

Hooray! The wait is over. Your card came out great -- love your coloring (of course!), the kitty (Hi Pit'r), the cute twine bows...it's just nifty! Gotta hit the gallery!

Denise said...

gorgeous! Your coloring is fabulous! And how in the heck did you cut the kitty out SO perfectly???

slinkycat said...

Cutest kitty, she looks so proud of herself with that fish bowl! Beautifully made as always :)
Congrats on your guest designer spot too!

Leanne x

Meg said...

Congrats on your guest DT spot, Emily!!! And this card is certainly "delicious" with its citrus-y twine! I love the use of the burlap stamp as a "mat" and of course I love the kitty! You captured her eyes beautifully--I can tell she is truly debating if the recipient is worthy of her gift. :) And you know I love a good pun!! Good luck for the fall DT challenge!

I hope your camera start behaving appropriately. Don't you hate it when things stop working just after the warranty runs out?

Lindsey said...

Love how you coloured in the kitty -- especially the eyes, which are awesome! That burlap bg is a subtle but perfect touch. Great card, and a fun take on the challenge theme!

Cookie said...

Emily I just LOVE your cards! Congrats on being Guest Designer for the CAS Team...I am hoping to one day color and cut like you...Its PERFECTION!!! Hugs...Cookie :D