Sunday, June 20, 2010

Things I Love About You, Baba

This is the Father's Day card I made for my son to give to his Dad. Please see this post for the significance of Baba. Lately my son has started saying Babby and we're not sure if he's trying to say Daddy but he'll often say, "Babby? Bobby? Babby?" Just hearing his little voice makes us smile and when he says it repeatedly, it just makes us laugh because it's so darn cute! Speaking of cute, I normally make that sort of card for my husband but I lost my mojo after making three other Father's Day cards. Sigh. I probably should've made my husband's card first, eh??? I had way too many ideas running through the old brain and ended up making this rather odd-looking card. I crumpled up the torn paper before attaching it to the twill. Then I sewed the cord together at one end and separated at the other on purpose to create visual interest. I haven't a clue what my sewing machine was thinking! ;) This card didn't turn out as well as I had hoped and I didn't have the time nor energy to make another. Oh well. My son traced his hand on the inside so I know my husband will like that part at least. LOL ;)

Sources: SU Kraft & Naturals Ivory cardstock; Bazzill Basics textured cardstock; PTI Top Ten & Top Ten Additions; PTI Outlines Alphabet; SU Kiwi Kiss & Taken With Teal inks; Spellbinders Nestabilities Labels One; QuicKutz Epic Six; random twill ribbon; Darice hemp cord; SU tearing edge; Gutermann cream thread; sewing machine; SU 1-3/8" circle punch

3 comments:

Saskia said...

Great card for Baba!! :)

Greetings, Saskia :)

G Peplow said...

Good morning Emily, well for a card that supposedly went wrong it's absolutely brilliant, I think your husband will love the sentiments and the colours are very masculine. I'm sure he will not notice there's stitching on it anyway:) xx
p.s I like it:)

Angela said...

I think this is very sweet, yet still quite masculine. I love the colors and all those little details! Cool.