Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Trading Car(d)s

Ever since my son liked this card with the yellow car so much, I promised I would make him a few to play with. I don't really need an excuse to use Enjoy the Ride and its matching die! ;) I stamped some scripted words from Tiny Treats: Valentine to match the adorable little animals from that same set. I didn't want to use doggone or just dog so I used dig which is a good license plate for the little dog. I also could've used catch which would've been cute, too! My son was ecstatic when he saw all the cars with the little animals in them. He's also been surprisingly gentle with them. He's been playing with these cars like trading cards, laying them out and restacking them in a tiny little bucket from his recycling truck. It's awfully cute to watch. I think I'll make more in different colours and perhaps stamp the images on both sides. Making these gave me so many ideas for future cards and other projects!

Sources: GinaK 120lb pure luxury white cardstock; PTI Enjoy the Ride; PTI Tiny Treats: Valentine; Memento Tuxedo Black ink; Vivid Red & ButterScotch inks; SU Summer Sun, Garden Green & Ballet Blue inks; Memories Artprint Brown ink; PTI Enjoy the Ride die; Copics

4 comments:

MicheyMoo said...

What a fantastic idea Emily!! Of course the little fella loved them, they're so cute and ALL his - he doesn't have to share and can do whatever he wants with them. xxx

Sunghee said...

NOw I want to get that stamp and the die. Love your take on this!

Meg said...

Love, love, love, LOVE these!! Every single one of them is adorable. LOVE!!!

Angela said...

I'm so glad Meg gave you a shout-out on the CAS favorites list -- this is so amazingly cute! I'm definitely not a little boy, but I'd definitely play with them, too!