Saturday, March 6, 2010

CAS Sympathy

My aunt passed away early yesterday morning and the whole family is mourning the loss. I'm extremely sad for my dad for losing one of his younger sisters and for my aunt's youngest daughter, my cousin, who had to move into her new home today and is seven months pregnant with her second child. The past two days were difficult for everyone with so many phone calls going around. Of course I never, ever want to make sympathy cards but they are a part of life. Since I had to make so many for the family, I decided to make them all the same. In Chinese tradition, one has to be very careful what colours are chosen as to not offend the receiver for that specific event. In this case, green, brown, white and black were safe to use so I decided to keep it earthy. All six cards vary a little bit with the placement of leaves in three colours but the frames and sentiments are all the same. The inside of the card simply reads 'With Sympathy' since I will be doing some writing as I always do in my cards.

Sources: SU Kraft & Chocolate Chip cardstock; Verve Forever in Our Hearts; Memories Artprint Brown ink; SU Garden Green, Kiwi Kiss & Whisper White inks; Spellbinders Labels One Nestabilities; QuicKutz Epic Six

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh Emily, my thoughts are with you! The cards are lovely! But I am with you as I never have any in my stash and then when I do need one, they are so tough to make! Hugs!