Saturday, February 27, 2010

Happy Always

Here's another sample anniversary card. I like this one much better than yesterday's. I'm not sure why but I just like the look of cards that open from the bottom as opposed to from the right. They also seem to photograph better! Perhaps I just can't find the right angle for cards that open on the right? Again, I kept it simple with this design. I used a pale shade of grey to keep the background subtle but up close the words can still be enjoyed. I added the scallop border and stitched row at the very last minute. This was a good impulse change!

For those of you who use watermarks, I have a question for you! Do you always place them in the same spot on your image or do you randomly choose a place where it suits your card but doesn't obstruct the details too much? The reason I'm asking is because I had a hard time placing the watermark on this one. Maybe it needed to be grey or black instead of white. I guess I have to go shopping for a new watermark. ;)

Sources: SU Real Red, textured Basic Gray & textured Black cardstock; PTI Background Basics: Text Style II; PTI Heart Prints; VersaFine Smokey Gray Instant Dry Pigment Ink; Memories Black ink; SU Scallop Border punch; EK Success Medium Heart punch; Gutermann thread; dimension squares

1 comment:

Vicki G said...

Love your clean and simple design

Vicki