Monday, December 28, 2009

Set of Hockey Cards

They're not collectors' cards but they could be. :P As I mentioned in yesterday's post, I had to make a set of four gender- and occasion-neutral hockey cards for my sister. I didn't have time to finish them while she was here over U.S. Thanksgiving so I'll be mailing these to her tomorrow. My sister wanted to have a bunch of special hockey cards to give to her hockey friends, male or female, for any occasion that comes to mind. These would be appropriate for celebratory events, like birthdays and congrats on the win, or many thanks for this and that. At first I thought it would be too hard to keep the colours gender-neutral but after I got started it wasn't that difficult. I made an all-American set and an earthy set. I hope she likes them!

I wasn't in the mood to use my chalks around the labels so I decided to make the images snowy. I also off set the images so I could tie an actual bow or ribbon to add more pizzazz to the card since there would be no sentiments. I briefly thought about creating a bunch of sentiments for each card which would allow my sister to mix and match and attach them using dimension squares but at the time it seemed like such a huge undertaking. Perhaps I'll do that for a future set. ;)

Sources: SU Bashful Blue & Ruby Red cardstock; SU textured Sahara Sand cardstock; DCWV Green-Frame cardstock; AC textured earth tones cardstock; TPH 111lb matte white cardstock; GinaK 120lb pure luxury white cardstock; Local King Rubber Stamp Ice Hockey; Memento Tuxedo Black ink; Copics; Spellbinders Nestabilities Labels One; Cuttlebug Swiss Dots embossing folder; QuicKutz Epic Six; Celebrate It ribbons; SU Chocolate Chip double-stitched 1" grosgrain ribbon

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

OMG girl, these are so cute!! Love them! Was watching hockey last night actually!