Sunday, December 6, 2009

Fairy Christmas Bunnies

Brrr! It suddenly got cold here. We were lucky to have such a mild November and it was Toronto's first snow-free November in 162 years! Isn't that crazy? We're expecting some flurries tomorrow and I'm excited because my little guy is old enough to appreciate snow this winter! Yesterday we got him some extra hats and mittens from our favourite outdoor store MEC. It's way too easy to spend money there. LOL

For a while now, I've wanted to make the entire Pink Cat Studio Fairy Friends set into Christmas cards but wasn't satisfied with the few ideas I had in my head. Finally when my sister brought me some new PTI stamps last week and the Brown guy delivered my new SU stuff on Friday, the lightbulb went off inside my head. I started off with the bunny because it's my favourite of the bunch. I was going to use a cord stitch where I used 'merry' as a string for the ornament. However, my sewing machine got moved because my toddler is now a daredevil climber and getting into everything. I was too lazy to get it down from the top shelf and that gave me the idea of breaking up the 'merry christmas' sentiment the way I did!

Sources: SU kraft & ruby red cardstock; AC textured earth tones cardstock; TPH 111lb matte white cardstock; GinaK 120lb pure luxury white cardstock; Pink Cat Studio Fairy Friends; The Old Island Stamp Co. 575-A 'merry christmas' sentiment; PTI Background Basics: Text Style II; Memento Tuxedo Black ink; SU Garden Green ink; Vivid Red ink; PSX Diamond Sparkles; Copics; SU 1-3/8" circle & ornament punches; dimension squares

2 comments:

Melissa said...

Emily, these are so sweet and adorable!

Saskia said...

I love it!!!! So sweet and so cute!

Saskia :)