Sunday, December 20, 2009

Customized Christmas

I hope everyone's had a wonderful weekend so far! They're much too short for me since there's always so much to do. I almost forgot I had to make this card for a friend who's here from Italy for the holidays. He had ordered customized cards for his nieces as well as his girlfriend and is picking them up tomorrow. I had already made the ballerina and princess cards for his nieces but I had to add their names to customize them. I was told the girlfriend likes pink and flowers and I picked up some pretty Valentine dps at the local scrapbooking place yesterday so I had the perfect dp for making this card.

Well, I had no idea what I was going to do until I remembered I had the SU ornament punch. I haven't used it much, except for these cards, so I thought I would do something more with it. After I figured out how many ornaments I was going to hang and positioned the words the way I thought looked best, I felt that the card was missing something. I added the beautiful text from PTI using a really pale pink which I think finishes the card nicely. If my sewing machine hadn't gone on a rampage the card would've been perfect? ;)

Sources: Bazzill Basics textured Turquoise Mist cardstock; AC textured cardstock; Basic Grey Urban Prairie Petticoat dp; PTI Background Basics: Text Style II; The Old Island Stamp Co. 575-A sentiment; SU Taken With Teal & Pink Pirouette inks; SU ornament punch; SU scallop edge punch; QuicKutz Sticky Note Mini Alphabet Set; QuicKutz Epic Six; Gutermann metallic silver thread; dimension squares

No comments: