Monday, October 12, 2009

A Boy and his Dog

A friend of mine ordered a birthday card for her brother who lives in Charlotte, NC with his airdale terrier. I wanted to make a nice homey scene for this card. I used one of my new QuicKutz embossing folders to make the house look like elegant stone. I love the versatility of the QuicKutz house and tree dies because I used them in this Halloween card but it looks completely different here.

The boy and dog are from Pink Cat Studio's Dress Up Billy and Lily & Billy Accessories sets. I tend to rely on those when I have to put people and animals in my scene cards. It was a lot of fun making this card and it was another one of those I drew a sketch for. I added stitching detail in two shades of blue to the roof of the house and also around the edge of the card. Ever since I used hemp cord to make a lasso in this Halloween card, I couldn't wait to find another similar use for it and I thought it would be perfect for the dog's leash.

Sources: SU kraft & chocolate chip cardstock; American Crafts textured earth tones cardstock; Provo Craft Slab IV paper; The Paper Company cottonwood cardstock; Q-Print smooth white cardstock; Pink Cat Studio Dress Up Billy; Pink Cat Studio Lily & Billy Accessories; Memento Tuxedo Black ink; Copics; dimension squares; QuicKutz house and tree dies; QuicKutz retro squares A2 embossing folder; Gutermann thread; Martha Stewart picket fence border punch; SU crystal effects (to adhere cord to dog and Billy)

3 comments:

Cindy Haffner said...

Emily I love this so so cute.

Michelle B. AKA JustPaintingAround said...

Love that scary tree! Also love the placement of your fence...really adds depth to your scene!

Melody said...

Great card! I love how you built the scene!