Saturday, July 18, 2009

My Favourite Sweets, Part 2

While my baby was enjoying his afternoon nap, I finished the sweet set I started yesterday. I wanted each card to be totally unique just in case I ended up gifting them together.

The second card for this set - the tall one in the middle - uses a window style that I sketched out and wanted to use all week. This was the perfect time to use it! Does the top section look too plain? I thought about stamping plain donuts in a line coming down to the showcased donut in the window!

The third card was more difficult as I couldn't think of what to do with it. I was determined to use my scallop circle punch and wanted to use an additional embellishment so I came up with this.

Looking at the closeup of this piece of cake, I wish I had a tiny silver fork to put on the plate. LOL I can't believe that I used the entire roll of ribbon for these three cards. I guess it's time to buy more!

Sources for It's A Sweet Thing: SBD kraft cardstock, DCWV sweet stack & unknown cardstock; Studio G clear stamps; Memento Tuxedo Black & Memories Black inks; Copics; Atyou Spica Glitter pen; random beads; SU tearing edge; McGill 1-1/4" square punch; American Crafts ribbon; dimension squares

Sources for Sweetie: SBD kraft cardstock, DCWV sweet stack & unknown cardstock; Studio G clear stamps; Memento Tuxedo Black & Memories Black inks; Copics; Atyou Spica Glitter pen; SU crystal effects; McGill 1-1/4" circle punch; SU scallop circle punch; Fiskars Nostalgia corner edger; dimension squares; American Crafts ribbon; SU brads

4 comments:

Cindy Haffner said...

Love your sweet cards so pretty.

Sam said...

YUM...these cards look delicious :-).

Anonymous said...

SAAAWEEETTT!!!

Maile Belles said...

All three of these cards are so sweet!!! I love the colors you used with the kraft.