Friday, April 10, 2009

Birthday Card #5

It's time for a masculine birthday card. All masculine cards are hard for me except when I make them for my husband and dad because I know them well and they don't mind the occasional heart or flower. If a close friend has a specific interest like bikes or skiing, that also makes it easy. However, this one is for someone I don't know at all so I knew I had to make it neutral. After a bit of planning, I decided to use my square punch with matching papers in masculine colours and add a couple of embellishments. This is what I came up with and I'm very pleased with it. I may have to make more of these!


Sources: DCWV cardstock; Provo Craft papers; Stampendous Hey There Cupcake; SU! Ballet Blue ink; McGill square and circle punches; ICG alphabet punch set; Offray ribbon and another unknown brand; DMC embroidery thread; random button from my stash

No comments: